Safeguard your wishes with effective estate planning.
It’s crucial to ensure your estate wishes are properly documented to minimise the burden on your family. Dying without a will in place can place unanticipated burdens on your family member particularly if their finances are linked with yours and or they rely on your financial support.
We can work with you to review your estate plan to ensure what you have in place will distribute your assets as you intended and also in a tax-effective way.
Like succession planning, estate planning is an emotional process for all parties. Decisions facilitated by an understanding and considerate professional can greatly improve the success of your estate’s transfer according to your wishes.
If you have companies, trusts or superannuation funds in your group then your estate planning has greater complexity and not all of these structures are automatically transferred as part of your will.
We work with you to:
- Facilitate discussions around your estate planning wishes.
- Understand and document your estate planning wishes.
- Ensure annual accounts and tax returns support your estate plan by correctly reflecting loans, asset ownership and how family members receive income and distributions.
- Advise on communicating your wishes to your family.
- Advise on the complex area of estate planning around your business.
- Conduct periodic reviews of your estate plan to ensure it reflects any changes in circumstances.